Thursday 18 September 2014

life is so much more

At school, there were the louds, the nerds, the geeks, the weirdos, the wannabes, the gediks, the plains, the super-emos, the perasan-cantik-sangats, the know-it-alls, the want-to-know-it-alls type of kids and more.

And as for me, people would see me as the kind of kid who would just sit there alone in the middle of the hectic classroom, doing nothing productive. Not talking, not chatting, not even smiling.. to make it short, I'm the COOL type of person.. *wink*

But peeps, you don't judge a book by its cover.

I might be sitting there as if i'm doing nothing but if I were told to tell whatever the others were talking or chatting about, it wouldn't be a problem guys.  *flipstudung* Because i wasn't just hearing but I was, too, listening.

Last week was the last of my trial examinations week. And when we were sitting for our Add Maths paper, we (the whole class) got scolded.

The bell rang as to remark the second period of our schooling session has ended. The second-period teacher left the class and my English teacher came in to monitor us battling with the questions.

I watched her as she started to organize the messed up table.


Suddenly she asked, "Who teaches you Maths?"


*silence* no one even bothered to answer, too busy with the calculations and formulas..


Then again, "Who's your Mathematics teacher?"


Sooooo tempted to answer but i couldn't, just couldn't.


"Puan X!!" shouted one of my classmates, when Puan X is actually our Add Maths teacher.. And i thought to myself Ohkaayy this is not good..


Noticing that there was a misunderstanding, me being the-"cool"-kid lifted my head up and stared at my teacher's face hoping that she would turn to me so I could correct the person from before. It's not that I don't want to.. but I kind of don't have enough of "that" energy to actually shout and maximisely use my voice in public. Especially when hello it's in the middle of the examination and everything was soooo quiet and calm and if i were to answer means i would definitely be under the spotlight. I don't want that to happen.. So, i stayed still can't help but to keep acting cool (as if!). Feeling like a complete loser, i resumed answering.

"Okay class, time's up. Put down your pens and pass your answer sheets forward. Right now!" the teacher said in a very plain and pissed tone.

Just when everyone's done passing everything up.. "I actually can't wait for you to finish your exam," she shouted while slamming the bundle of papers on the table. 

"I've been asking you who's your Maths teacher but you guys don't even bother to answer. And when i asked her.." pointed to one of my classmates     "awak tahu dia jawab apa?? 'Tak tahu'. How can you give me an answer as such??" 

She went on with a very long lecture furiously and continuously slamming the table.

But at the end of her lecture she said something that i've been holding and stuffing inside my heart and stomach for sooo long. Something about the people in the class. In my class.

"Come on guys, life is sooo much more than just strings of A's," 

True. Very much true. Sometimes, being part of the class makes me feel sick. People there are too busy running after the glory of life and fame and to foolishly think that those A's are dignities.. it just makes me sick of living to be honest. Yet, they are losing so much in life. 


0 comments:

Post a Comment